Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year - A New Beginning

A New Year - a new beginning. It's about time the theme of this changed =). I *think* (no guarantees! =P) this one will probably tend to be more event orientated as opposed to the previous ones.

So we kicked off the new decade with around 10 hours of prayer, praise and worship at the House of Raphael^_^. For those of you who don't know, it's around 1 and a half hours drive away, and it's at a house up in the hills. No neighbours, no noise restrictions, no anything pretty much =P. Haha it was really good... and as always although I'm a little dubious about the whole praying in tongues thing (esp when it's essentially seen as being synonymous to praying in the Spirit), it was still really good. We started at about 8pm on New Years Eve, had one break at around 10:30pm, and then we went alllllllllllllll the way until 6am the next day. Especially enjoyed the.... oh probably 2-3 hours? that we spent just listening out for God, praying for people; praying for the nation; praying for those we cared for; praying for anything God put in our hearts. And kinda just using this time to let God place in each of us a vision for 2010. I remember one of the things that kept coming up was God using us to call back those who have backslidden from Him, for His glory. We focused on Psalm 2 a lot. We focused on the unity of the Church a lot. And we focused also on the path that God had set in front of each of us - the track that we each must run.

And then of course, there was the music portion. And wow, I don't think my fingers have hurt in so many ways before =P. My right fingers were on the verge of blistering from playing bass while Amanda was on piano and Dan was on guit. After that, my fingers simply got sore and tired from moving to piano while Amanda switched to bass/drums. Then moved to drums, which was actually the least straining! Amanda was taking a break from playing, poor Dan was still on guit =P. Then back to piano again, and finally guitar (relieved Dan and let him go on drums/bass =P). So yeah. My fingers are like wark at the moment =P. But yeah we did a mix of newer songs (that I still have yet to learn =P) and some seriously oldskool ones as well. Annoying thing about those songs though is it's hard to find oldskool songs that people know the words for, cos they tend to, well, have a lot of words packed in not a lot of space =P. But still, I enjoyed the time leading them when the Spirit was leading us all. I really think it was great to start off the new year focusing solely on God and His love, mercy, faithfulness and grace. And as we continued to worship and sing, we began to see light creeping in, and as we began to think about God's unfailing love, it really reminded me in a very real way that God's compassions are indeed renewed every morning. And what better way to celebrate that than to join with His people in singing about Him in the very first thing in the morning?

So yeah =). Great way to start off the new year (and new decade =P), literally just intentionally focusing on God together for the first 6 hours of the decade. But yeah now I'm kinda tired like a bunnycake, cos well... you know what I'm like without my sleep =P. I'm actually really suprised that I made it through the entire night without sleeping... but then again, I get energised by doing what we were doing =P. It's just such a joy to exalt the Lord our God - and more than that, to do it together with others who have been similarly saved by grace and touched by His love. But as always, the time always comes when I need to wind down a bit and just rest =P.

So yeah! 2010 is here! =P I'm excited about what God will do this year, but believe me, I'm scared of how He might do it =P. But that's okay, because i know God knows what He's doing with me far more than I ever could. So keeping in step with the dance of the Holy Spirit, I'll keep walking and living according to His will and purposes. May God be glorified for the things He has done and will continue to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment